17 November 2012

Vegan Thanksgiving at Sea

In any other year, tonight would be a night where I would start looking forward to vegan goodies during Thanksgiving (and one where I'd likely be packing or en route to a Thanksgiving destination of Minnesota or Philly). However, this year, Shana, me, my parents, and my sister are going on a cruise - a first for us all. So, instead of writing a post about making a faux turkey, roasted veggies, wild rice stuffing, mashed potatoes, and vegan pumpkin pie (plus all the nostalgia that begins to hit me just about now every year), we spent tonight packing swim suits and flip flops, finding the sunscreen, cleaning out the fridge, and being both excited and nervous about our trip.

When I come back, I'll get back into the swing of things. I've been debating which post(s) to do next. I've got some delicious dinners in the back of my mind, or maybe a new Vegan Viands post, or maybe even diving in and introducing you all to the wonder that is seitan. Who knows, maybe I'll find something delicious on our cruise and figure out a way to recreate it! Regardless, I'll have some fun recipes for you. In the meantime, I wish you all a happy, safe, and plentiful Thanksgiving.

The post "Vegan Thanksgiving at Sea" originally appeared on Maggie's LesVegan Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment